There is little doubt that low-code software and skills are currently in very high demand. However, businesses, recruiters and the market in general are still learning of the potential benefits and figuring out the details. As discussed in a previous article, low-code platforms require niche technical and strategic skills so you shouldn’t limit your search to the ‘pro-code’ crowd as things have changed now, we’ve got traditional and innovative ways of working which may require a mixture of low-code, pro-code and citizen development to be considered.
I’ve been working as a low-code developer since 2016 using Robotic Process Automation applications. More recently, I’ve noticed how the vendors for these applications are shifting to Intelligent Automation and some are even starting to position themselves as platform suites with a collection of technologies under one roof i.e. UiPath and Microsoft Power Platform.
Therefore, it seems that many of these applications will be shifting from RPA & IA to LCDP, hence why I feel it’s a good time to look at what currently available so that we can be ahead of the curve.
I couldn’t find many market research firms that were covering the LCDP market apart from Gartner & Forrester, therefore the table below is the ranking based on their reports only. If you know of any other organisation, please let me know and I’ll update it.
|Microsoft Power Platform||#3||50||5||2|
|Oracle APEX & Visual Builder||#5||20||4||2|
|Matsoft MATS/Netcall Liberty Create||#8||10||2||1|
|HCL Volt MX||#11||5||1||1|
|MicroPact/tyler tech Entellitrak||#11||5||1||1|
- The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms, Q2 2016
- The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms For AD&D Pros, Q4 2017
- The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms For AD&D Professionals, Q1 2019
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms (August 2019)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms (September 2020)
- The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms For Professional Developers, Q2 2021
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms (August 2021)